The South Dakota State Library is happy to bring you a new talking book resource, BookFlix by Scholastic. This PreK-2 (approximate ages 0-8) resource supports beginning, ELL (English Language Learners), special needs, and struggling readers.
BookFlix is accessible inside any library or school building, or outside your library or school with your library card.
You can find BookFlix at library.sd.gov, within the Elementary School and Educators & Librarians category pages, or on the main eResources page at: http://library.sd.gov/LIB/ERD/index.aspx
BookFlix is structured with 125+ pairs of animated books, coupling classic video storybooks from Weston Woods with related talking nonfiction eBooks from Scholastic.
- Build early literacy skills, vocabulary, and fluency
- Support reading comprehension
- Support visual and auditory learners with video adaption of fiction books
- Form real world knowledge with digital nonfiction flipbooks
- Differentiate between fiction and nonfiction
- Natural voice read-aloud with word highlighting
- Author biographies and videos
- Related web links for extended learning
- Interactive learning games
- Lesson plans with follow up activities
- Spanish translated pairs