Vermillion’s first Cardboard Boat Regatta will take place on August 18 from 5-7 pm at Prentis Plunge!
FREE Community Event!!!
RULES for BUILDING BOAT:
* Boats must be large enough for human to ride.
* Boats must be made entirely from cardboard and duct tape
* No metal, wood, Styrofoam or other types of foam, or plastic may be used.
* Boats must be inspected at check in and must have followed the rules!
* Have FUN and use your IMAGINATION!!
You may attend a boat building workshop will be held at the Vermillion Public Library the week of August 14-17!
ALL supplies provided. Please bring extra cardboard if you have it!
* Boats must be controlled by hands or paddles – no motors of flippers.
* No participant may interfere with or harass another participant.
* Must be at least 7 years old to be IN boat
* No more than 2 people in boat at one time.
Race Day Schedule: Boats must be at Prentis Plunge by 5:00 pm so the boats can be inspected, placed into line up, and reviewed by judges for design categories before the races begin. Races will begin at approximately 5:30.
* Most likely to Sink * Team Spirit (most spirited team) * Most Amazing! (most spectacular boat entry)
*** REGISTRATION DEADLINE is THURSDAY, AUGUST 16 at NOON ****
(Example image is from DeKalb County, Online)