Join us August at the Second Annual Cardboard Boat Regatta at Prentis Plunge! Saturday, August 17th, 2019: Check-In: 5:00pm, Race Starts: 6:00 pm.
In the week leading up to this event, the Vermillion Public Library is opening up the Kozak Room for families to work on their cardboard boats! This workshop will be available daily, between August 12th and August 17th, from 1:00 – 3:00 pm. Some supplies available. Be sure to follow the rules! (See below.)
Please note that if possible, folks are encouraged to do their boat building in their own spaces, and then bring them to the races. The library has limited space available for storage!
In order for the boat race to be a success, they are looking for the following volunteers:
• Volunteers to help guide the build at the library. No experience necessary, just the ability to guide the youth and see the fun in it.
• Volunteers to help make a couple templates prior to Monday’s build
• Volunteers to help make the cardboard ribbons for the winners
• At least 2 more judges day of race
• Check-in help day of race
• Swimmers in the water day of race (to guide boats if necessary, help with emergencies, etc)
If you’re interested in helping out, email Sandra Mollman at firstname.lastname@example.org.