We are closely monitoring developments pertaining to COVID-19, commonly referred to as Coronavirus. We encourage community members, especially those in high-risk populations, to stay away from public spaces. If you are feeling ill avoid contact with other people. Social distancing is one key way to slow the spread of the illness. Please keep in mind, as a public space, the Library cannot guarantee germ-free physical materials. You need to consider if using library materials is best for you and your family. As a reminder, the Library has many digital services available to you for free.
Out of caution and care for our community members, the public will not be allowed in the library building from March 22nd – March 29th.
- The library will be completely closed Sunday, March 22nd, Saturday, March 28th and Sunday, March 29th.
- Staff will be available from 8 am to 6 pm Monday, March 23 through Friday, March 27th to answer the phone and respond to emails.
- Library patrons will be able to submit requests for materials by:
- Placing reserves from the library catalog – https://vermillionlibsd.booksys.net/opac/vermillionlibsd/index.html#menuHome. You need to sign in to your account. (Your username is your library card barcode, and your pin is your last name in lower case.) If you need assistance logging in, please call the library at 605-677-7060.
- Emailing [email protected]
- Calling 605-677-7060
- Library materials will be checked out and available for pick-up at the south parking lot entrance.
- Patrons who are home-bound or have limited or no transportation please contact the library for assistance getting materials to you.
- We will work with patrons on due dates during this unusual time to avoid unnecessary fines.