Lets take a look at what we did in 2021. Thank you to everyone that came to the library this last year!
Thank you to everyone that participated in our annual survey! Here are some of those results:
In light of the recent decision by the Vermillion School District (VSD) to implement a mask mandate in all VSD buildings and all buses, and to help support community safety and reduce community spread, the Vermillion Public Library is enforcing a mask required policy for all 2-18-year-olds in the building for the next two weeks.
We would strongly encourage all other visitors to consider wearing a face-covering when in the library building and in close proximity to other visitors.
In the interest of public safety, your cooperation and understanding are greatly appreciated.
- A Tale of Two Kitties: Dog Man #3 by Dav Pilkey
- Mothering Heights: Dog Man #10 by Dav Pilkey
- I will Surprise My Friend! by Mo Willems
- The Pigeon Has To Go To School! by Mo Willems
- Pete the Cat: Crayons Rock! by Kim Dean
- Grime & Punishment: Dog Man #9 by Dav Pilkey
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Deep End by Jeff Kinney
- How to Catch A Unicorn by Adam Wallace
- Groovy Joe: Ice Cream & Dinosaurs by Eric Litwin
- Good Night, Little Blue Truck by Alice Schertle
- A Good Girl’s Guide To Murder by Holly Jackson
- One of Us Is Lying: Lying #1 by Karen McManus
- They Both Die At The End by Adam Silvera
- A Court of Thorns & Roses: Court of Thorns #1 by Sarah Maas
- Shadow & Bone: Grisha #1 by Leigh Bardugo
- Cinder: Lunar Chronicles #1 by Marissa Meyer
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- Harry Potter & The Sorcerer’s Stone: Harry Potter #1 by J.K. Rowling
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
With Kanopy, Edith B. Siegrist Vermillion Public Library Patrons Will Have Access to more than 30,000 Films, For Free
The popular on-demand film streaming service Kanopy is now available for free at the Vermillion Public Library. Library card holders can access Kanopy and sign up to start streaming films instantly by visiting vermillionpubliclibrary.org. Use your library card to log in and create an account. Each library card holder has 10 credits for films, 2 credits for The Great Courses, and unlimited plays in Kanopy Kids per month. Films can be streamed from any computer, television, mobile device or platform by downloading the Kanopy app for iOS, Android, AppleTV, Chromecast or Roku.
Offering what the New York Times calls “a garden of cinematic delights,” Kanopy showcases more than 30,000 of the world’s best films, including award-winning documentaries, rare and hard-to-find titles, film festival favorites, indie and classic films, and world cinema with collections from Kino Lorber, Music Box Films, Samuel Goldwyn, The Orchard, The Great Courses, PBS and thousands of independent filmmakers.
With the motto of “thoughtful entertainment,” Kanopy provides Vermillion Public Library patrons with access to films of unique social and cultural value; films that are often difficult or impossible to access elsewhere. The Kanopy collection includes indie hits, classic masterpieces, and award-winning documentaries.
Kanopy was founded in 2008 by CEO Olivia Humphrey as an educational tool for colleges and universities. More than 5 million Kanopy users stream the most acclaimed movies and documentaries from award-winning filmmakers, and experience the best in independent, classic film, and world cinema.
Join us in making Autumn Trees!
You will need:
brown paper bag