Miss Beth finishes “Junie B. Jones Smells Something Fishy” by Barbara Park!
It’s Teen Friday! Our activities this week are a marble dragon eyes craft and the “Can You Name These Fairy Tales Based on Two Emojis” quiz. Plus we have some neat Greek God buttons available! The kits are ready for pick up on the Summer Reading Program shelf at the library’s south entrance.
Emoji Quiz link: https://forms.gle/NjjzgwXNoGeLT6Sd9
We will be having the Teen Zoom meeting at 1:30pm. If you are interested or have any questions, email the Youth Services Assistant, Mackenzie at [email protected].
Today’s Art at Home features printmaking with an apple using monochromatic scheme!
A recent study that found the coronavirus is undetectable on books and other library materials after three days. With this new information, we’ve begun extending the quarantine period for all returned items to three days! This means your items will not be checked in until after 72 hours. Please note that we will not be charging overdue fines on returned items during the pandemic.
Register online to receive links to this event and other Monday performers as they approach: bit.ly/vplperformers
Coming up on Monday, June 1st, we’ll be sharing not just one, but TWO videos featuring fun with science! “Fire and Ice”, hosted by Professor Rick, and “Big Bang Bubbles” starring Professor Toto!
Absolute Science videos will be shared on our website and Facebook at the designated time.
The Edith B. Siegrist Vermillion Public Library is offering a Contactless Pick-up Service for patrons.
How Pick-up Works:
1. Please request your materials by:
- Placing reserves from the library catalog : (https://vermillionlibsd.booksys.net/opac/vermillionlibsd/index.html#menuHome)
- You need to sign into your account. (Your username is your library card barcode, and your pin is your last name in lower case.) If you need assistance logging in, please call the library at 605-677-7060.
- Emailing [email protected]. Please make sure to provide your first and last name, address, and (if possible) your library card number.
- Calling 605-677-7060
- Please note requests over the phone will be limited to five items.
* The preferred method of requesting materials is online via the library catalog. Please see the following video for a walk-through of how to do this. You can also 605-677-7060 and we will talk you through the process.
2. A staff member will call you when your items are ready for pick-up.
3. Books will be waiting on the pick-up shelf just inside the south entrance to the library (near the fish tank)
4. Please return your current items in the outside book drop. When you arrive to collect your materials, everything will be checked out and ready to go. You can either:
- Come inside to collect your library materials.
- Call 605-677-7060 and provide your name and we bring your materials out to the curb.
** If you request an item that is currently checked out, we will place a reserve for you and notify you when the materials are available for pick up.
*** Patrons can request a random selection of materials by providing a genre, topic or potential authors of interest. (Please note that while we will do our best to pick an excellence selection of random items, we cannot guarantee that the content will meet your expectations. Parents should review random items before providing them to their children to ensure they match their own family’s values.)
**** Patrons who are home-bound or have limited or no transportation please contact the library for assistance getting materials to you.
We need to cancel today’s (March 14th) book sale. Sorry for the inconvenience! Stay safe, everyone.