There won’t be a Teen Takeover on Wednesday, July 7th. Instead, we’ll be hosting a special Teen Art Workshop on Thursday, July 8th at 2:00 pm with Michael Albert! Teens can join us in the Kozak Room for a Pop Art challenge.
The Edith B. Siegrist Vermillion Public Library is proud to announce our new Seed Library!
The Edith B. Siegrist Vermillion Public Library’s Seed Library is designed to provide seeds for free to local community members. With this library you are encouraged to plant the seeds, watch them grow, and then donate any extra produce you may gain to the Vermillion Food Pantry!
You may also donate commercially grown and packaged seeds that are properly labeled and in their original packaging. Just bring those seeds to the circulation desk! (At this time we cannot accept homegrown/harvested seeds).
Seed libraries are perfect for both expert and aspiring gardeners alike. They provide affordable (i.e. free) seeds, and a low-risk way for novice gardeners to experiment with their green thumbs. The extra produce can also be a welcome (but not required) donation to a local food bank.
With this new endeavor, we are hoping to encourage everyone to Borrow, Grow, and Share.
Learn how to make Clothespin Airplanes with Amanda. Free take-home kits will be available at the Vermillion Public Library while supplies last.
It’s contest time! Visit the Vermillion Public Library and tell us your favorite winter/holiday treat! Is it candy canes? Gingerbread cookies? Eggnog? Something totally unexpected? Let us know!
Fill out the slip with your name and contact info and you will be entered into a drawing to win this family-friendly holiday gift basket! The basket has fun holiday-themed items, including a movie, children’s book, gingerbread house kit, and treats! (You also get a free VPL pen when you enter!)
Winners will be announced next Friday, so enter soon! (Please wear a mask when you visit)
Learn how to make skull string art! A few free take-home kits will be available at the Vermillion Public Library while supplies last.
- Black foam board (at least 8”x10”)
- Approx. 9 feet of white embroidery floss or string
- 64 straight pins (anywhere from ½”-1” in length)
- Skull outline for template
Share your creations with us! Email a photo to [email protected], or post to Facebook or Instagram and tag @VermillionPublicLibrary.
Register online to receive links to this event and other Monday performers as they approach: bit.ly/vplperformers
Coming up on Monday, June 1st, we’ll be sharing not just one, but TWO videos featuring fun with science! “Fire and Ice”, hosted by Professor Rick, and “Big Bang Bubbles” starring Professor Toto!
Absolute Science videos will be shared on our website and Facebook at the designated time.
The Edith B. Siegrist Vermillion Public Library is offering a Contactless Pick-up Service for patrons.
How Pick-up Works:
1. Please request your materials by:
- Placing reserves from the library catalog : (https://vermillionlibsd.booksys.net/opac/vermillionlibsd/index.html#menuHome)
- You need to sign into your account. (Your username is your library card barcode, and your pin is your last name in lower case.) If you need assistance logging in, please call the library at 605-677-7060.
- Emailing [email protected]. Please make sure to provide your first and last name, address, and (if possible) your library card number.
- Calling 605-677-7060
- Please note requests over the phone will be limited to five items.
* The preferred method of requesting materials is online via the library catalog. Please see the following video for a walk-through of how to do this. You can also 605-677-7060 and we will talk you through the process.
2. A staff member will call you when your items are ready for pick-up.
3. Books will be waiting on the pick-up shelf just inside the south entrance to the library (near the fish tank)
4. Please return your current items in the outside book drop. When you arrive to collect your materials, everything will be checked out and ready to go. You can either:
- Come inside to collect your library materials.
- Call 605-677-7060 and provide your name and we bring your materials out to the curb.
** If you request an item that is currently checked out, we will place a reserve for you and notify you when the materials are available for pick up.
*** Patrons can request a random selection of materials by providing a genre, topic or potential authors of interest. (Please note that while we will do our best to pick an excellence selection of random items, we cannot guarantee that the content will meet your expectations. Parents should review random items before providing them to their children to ensure they match their own family’s values.)
**** Patrons who are home-bound or have limited or no transportation please contact the library for assistance getting materials to you.
We need to cancel today’s (March 14th) book sale. Sorry for the inconvenience! Stay safe, everyone.