During the pandemic, the Edith B. Siegrist Vermillion Public Library is offering a Contactless Pick-up Service for patrons.
How Pick-up Works:
1. Please request your materials by:
- Placing reserves from the library catalog : (https://vermillionlibsd.booksys.net/opac/vermillionlibsd/index.html#menuHome)
- You need to sign into your account. (Your username is your library card barcode, and your pin is your last name in lower case.) If you need assistance logging in, please call the library at 605-677-7060.
- Emailing [email protected]. Please make sure to provide your first and last name, address, and (if possible) your library card number.
- Calling 605-677-7060
- Please note requests over the phone will be limited to five items.
* The preferred method of requesting materials is online via the library catalog. Please see the following video for a walk-through of how to do this. You can also 605-677-7060 and we will talk you through the process.
2. A staff member will call you when your items are ready for pick-up.
3. When you arrive at the library come to the southern parking lot entrance where the sliding doors are.
4. Please return your current items in the outside book drop. When you arrive to collect your materials, everything will be checked out and ready to go. You can either:
- Come to the vestibule to collect your library materials.
- Call 605-677-7060 and provide your name and we bring your materials out to the curb.
** If you request an item that is currently checked out, we will place a reserve for you and notify you when the materials are available for pick up.
*** Patrons can request a random selection of materials by providing a genre, topic or potential authors of interest. (Please note that while we will do our best to pick an excellence selection of random items, we cannot guarantee that the content will meet your expectations. Parents should review random items before providing them to their children to ensure they match their own family’s values.)
**** Patrons who are home-bound or have limited or no transportation please contact the library for assistance getting materials to you.